Avaleht
uus teema   vasta Hinnavaatlus »  Kasulikud näpunäited »  Windows XP ülekiirendamine märgi kõik teemad loetuks
märgi mitteloetuks
vaata eelmist teemat :: vaata järgmist teemat
mine lehele eelmine  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  järgmine
Hinnavaatlus :: Foorum :: Uudised :: Ärifoorumid :: HV F1 ennustusvõistlus :: Pangalink :: Telekavad :: HV toote otsing
autor
sõnum Saada viide sõbrale. Teata moderaatorile
otsing:  
PontuLontu
HV kasutaja

sõnum 19.10.2004 23:41:05 vasta tsitaadiga

Karzum kirjutas:
Võimalik, et startup programmid käivitatakse tähestiku järjekorras, st Name veerus tuleks siis kirjutada programmi nimele näiteks a või mingi number ette.

kunagi startup logi olete vaadanud ?
Kommentaarid: 19 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 19
tagasi üles
vaata kasutaja infot saada privaatsõnum
Tint
HV veteran

sõnum 14.12.2004 15:02:49 vasta tsitaadiga

veel natuke uut informatsiooni veebist.

http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/10-p1.php

seal on 9 lehekülge, mida tasuks kinni keerata jms. jutt ka juures, mis sa tegema hakkad icon_smile.gif
Kommentaarid: 33 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 30
tagasi üles
rundll
HV kasutaja
rundll

sõnum 30.12.2004 13:36:02 vasta tsitaadiga

TanElofJ kirjutas:
Lisaks siis siia sellise asja :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Disable Automatic Restart in the event of a BSOD
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"AutoReboot"=dword:00000000

;Speed up shutdown
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="3000"

;Disable the Desktop Cleanup Wizard
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupW..........

Väike registri tweakimine. Kes inglise keelest aru saab see sab funktsioonidest aru.
Ühesõnaga vajalikud read .reg faili kirja panna ning registrile lisada ... või mittevajalikud read kustutada ning see tekst copy-paste *.reg faili jne.
Võibolla duplikeerib mõningaid siinseid õpetusi, ent paha ei tee ju

Kui nüüd keegi piisavalt inglise keelt ei oska siis võin ju ära tõlkida ...

räägid äkki täpsemalt kuidas see asi *.reg faili toppida ja edasi registrisse lisada.... icon_confused.gif
Kommentaarid: 7 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 1 :: 5
tagasi üles
tarantel
HV veteran
tarantel

sõnum 30.12.2004 13:48:16 vasta tsitaadiga

kopid teksti notebadi ja salvestad *.reg, eelnevalt eemalda read, mida ei soovi.
Seejärel avad faili.
Kommentaarid: 32 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 30
tagasi üles
iguaan
HV veteran
iguaan

sõnum 31.12.2004 01:04:06 vasta tsitaadiga

faili alguses peaks olema ka "REGEDIT4" esimesel real(ilma jutumärkideta)
Kommentaarid: 81 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 1 :: 0 :: 69
tagasi üles
HDTanel
Overclocker
HDTanel

sõnum 11.01.2005 23:43:59 vasta tsitaadiga

Nu ehk aitab... sorry, et Inglise keeles... ei viitsinud tõlkida icon_redface.gif
Huh päris palju pusisin, et tekst normaalselt välja näeks siin. Iga twiigi aretasin lahti eraldi ja siis veel eraldasin pealkirja boldiga :shock:
Peaks mainima veel, et käsud ja õpetused on ülimalt head.

Easy Way to Adjust LargeSystemCache -

Normally, the tweak I've seen asks you to go into HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management and change the value to either O or 1 to the adjustment the
LargeSystemCache.
However, in Windows XP, all you have to do is:
1. Right click My Computer
2. Select Properties
3. Click Advanced
4. Choose Performance
5. Click Advanced again
6. Select either Programs or System Cache under Memory Usage.
Programs = 0 for the registry tweak equilavent
System Cache = 1 for the registry tweak equilavent
From arstechnica.com:
On NT Server (in this case XP), the Large System Cache option is enabled, but disabled on Workstation. The two different settings effect how the cache manager allocates free memory. If the Large Cache option is on, the manager marks all the free memory, which isn't being used by the system and/or applications, as freely available for disk caching. On the flip-side (with a small cache), the manager instead only sets aside 4MB of memory for disk caching in an attempt to accelerate the launch of applications. Or in a more technical approach, if enabled the system will favor system-cache working sets over process working sets (with a working set basically being the memory used by components of a process).

Slow start-up when using Norton Internet Security 2002 -

If you are using Norton Internet Security 2002, and are experiencing slow start-up of XP.
i.e. you can see the desktop with icons etc. but it takes 30-60sec before you can start using the computer.
1. Click on start buttom.
2. Select control panel
3. Open “Network Connections”
4. Under “LAN and High-Speed Internet”, right-click on your “Local Area Connection” and select “Properties”
5. Under “General” tab, select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and select “Properties.
6. Select “Use the following IP address:”
7. Under “IP address” enter following : 192.168.0.1
8. Under “Subnet Mask:” enter following : 255.255.255.0
9. Click “Ok”

Clicking AVI Files on explorer casuing 100% CPU Usage -

Well windows seem to have a REALLY big problem when it comes to reading AVI files. It seems that when you click on an AVI file in explorer, it'll try to read the entire AVI file to determine the width,height, etc. of the AVI file (this is displayed in the Properties window). Now the problem with Windows is that if you have a broken/not fully downloaded AVI file that doesnt contain this info, Windows will scan the entire AVI file trying to figure out all these properties which in the process will probably cause 100% CPU usage and heavy memory usage.
To solve this problem all you have to do is the following:
1. Open up regedit
2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"
Voila! Please not that this will no longer provide you with the windows properties displaying the AVI file information such as width, height, bitrate etc. But its a small price to pay for saving you resources.
NOTE: Please use caution when using regedit. Improper usage may cause windows to behave imcorrectly. Also, I cannot be held resposible. Backup your registry first.

Fresh install with no ACPI -

Just press F5 after the first screen asking
if you have raid devices to install (will ask at
bottom of screen to press F6) keep pressing F5 to second screen where it will ask to press F2 for recovery console. Keep holding F5 and should get another screen where it will say that it cannot recognize type of pc. There you have two choices: standard pc and other. Select standard and voila no ACPI will be installed.

Stop Jerkey Graphics -

I have for a long time had problems with "jerky" graphics in some 3d games and 3dmark, and have had relativly high cpu loads in idle condition.
The cpu load would pulse from 1-2% up to 10-12%-load with about three-five seconds intervals...(in idle)
The jerking has not been due to low perfomance hardware or old drivers and I have had the problems on two seperate systems.
If you are connected to a LAN and have similar problems, this might be the solution:
1.RightClick "MyComputer"
2.Select "Manage"
3.Click on "Device Manager"
4.DoubleClick on your NIC under "Network Adapters"
5.In the new window, select the "Advanced" tab
6.Select "Connection Type" and manuelly set the value of your NIC. (Not "Auto Sense" which is default.)
7.You should reboot...
On my systems the "jerking" in 3D games was completly gone, and so was the high idle cpu load.
This tip also applies to Win2K.

CDFS Tweaks -

Howdy all........Whats the one thing we hate most when copying something from CD, for me at least, is the speed in which the data is copied.
After many months of research, I have found what I consider the best CDFS settings to have, and my DVD drive never copied so good icon_wink.gif
Here is the changes that must be made
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\CDFS
Look for that registry key, if not there, we must create a new key, then add the following values
CacheSize, this must be added as a binary value, then type in this value: ff ff 00 00
Prefetch, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
PrefetchTail, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
After that tweaking, try copying something across from CD, and you will notice it does produce a speed boost, but it becomes apparent after a while of using this tweak, you may or may not see it at first.
Let the ripping begin icon_wink.gif

Disable XP Boot Logo -

It is possible to disable XP splash screen, which will slightly speed up the overall boot process. Be aware that removing the splash screen will also cause you not to see any boot-up messages that might come up (chkdsk, convert ... ), but if your system runs without any problems then it should not matter.
1. Edit boot.ini
2. Add " /noguiboot" right after "/fastdetect".
Upon restarting, the splash screen will be gone. It can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.

Slow network access not always due to Scheduled tasks check -

If you have very slow access to your network computers through "My network Places" and have already deleted the Registry entry calling for a check of Scheduled Tasks on the other network computers (documented elsewhere on this site) AND you have multiple network adaptors (i.e. a cable or DSL connection through one NIC and an internal network using a second NIC) check the following.
Right click on "My Network Places", go to properties. Right click on the NIC that your cable/DSL connects to, and chose properties. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click on properties. Click on "advanced", go to "WINS" tab, and chose Disable NetBios over TCP/IP.
When you are back at your Network Connections page, right click on the Broadband selection, chose "properties" click on the networking tab. Again, chose TCP/IP, properties, advanced, WINS, and select "disable NetBios over TCP/IP"
Worked for me!
BTW, I don't use ICS (can never get it configured right) and instead use Sygate for my Connection Sharing, so I can't verify that with ICS netbios is enabled in the broadband connection and the modem NIC.The Wizard might catch it, but take a look just in case.

Accelerate Your WinXP by Speeding Diskcache -

Diskcache plays a very important role in WinXP. However, the default I/O pagefile setting of XP is conservative, which limits the performance. Some better values for different RAM are given below.
1. run "regedit";
2. goto [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\IoPageLockLimit];
3. modify the value in Hex depending on the size of your RAM:
RAM: modified value(Hex)
64M: 1000;
128M: 4000;
256M: 10000;
512M or more: 40000.
4. reboot.
Though some good tools (such as "Cacheman") can do this, it is an interesting experience for you to work it out by yourself and let your XP fly.

Users not interested in fancy windows and colors but prefer performance -

Its understood that most users or computer literit users decide they want fancy desktops windows, cool fades and colors. But if youve changed your mind and want better peformance try this!
1. Right click "My Computer" and choose properties.
2. Click on the advanced tab, and than performance settings.
3. You now are now in the visual effects tab, check adjust for best performance, and uncheck every squared box you see starting from "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing, all the way down.
4. Click OK, OK, and restart computer to see the differnce in speed.

Increase speed by tweaking prefetcher settings -

This is an unique technique for XP, which could improve the performance significantly by tweaking the prefetcher. Recommended hardware: PIII 800 or higher, 512M RAM or more.
1. run "regedit";
2. goto [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters\EnablePrefetcher];
3. Set the value to either 0-Disable, 1-App launch prefetch, 2-Boot Prefetch, 3-Both ("3" is recommended).
4. reboot.
It will decrease the boot time but double and increase the performance of your XP. Try it!

Turn off Indexing to speed up XP -

Windows XP keeps a record of all files on the hard disk so when you do a search on the hard drive it is faster. There is a downside to this and because the computer has to index all files, it will slow down normal file commands like open, close, etc. If you do not do a whole lot of searches on your hard drive then I suggest turnning this feature off:
1. Open my computer
2. Right click your hard drive icon and select properties.
3. At the bottom of the window you'll see "Allow indexing service to index this disk for faster searches," uncheck this and click ok.
4. A new window will pop up and select apply to all folders and subfolders. It will take a minute or two for the changes to take affect but then you should enjoy slightly faster performance.

Clean your prefetch to improve performance -

This is an unique technique for WinXP. We know that it is necessary to wash registry and TEMP files for Win9X/ME/2000 periodly. Prefetch is a new and very useful technique in Windows XP. However, after using XP some time, the prefetch directory can get full of junk and obsolete links in the Prefetch catalog, which can slow down your computer notablely. My suggestion is: open C(system drive):/windows/prefetch, delete those junk and obsolete files,reboot. It is recommended that you do this every month.

Remove hibernation file for performance -

If you do not use hibernation, make sure you do not have it enabled, which reserves disk space equal to your RAM. If you have a hidden file on the root directory of your C-drive called hiberfil.sys, hibernation is enabled. To remove that file, go to Control Panel, select Performance and Maintenance, Power Options, Hibernate tab, and uncheck the Enable hibernation box.

Improve NTFS Performance -

The NTFS file system is the recommended file system because of its advantages in terms of reliability and security and because it is required for large drive sizes. However, these advantages come with some overhead. You can modify some functionality to improve NTFS performance as follows:
1. Disable creation of short names. By default, NTFS generates the style of file name that consists of eight characters, followed by a period and a three-character extension for compatibility with MS-DOS and Microsoft® Windows® 3.x clients. If you are not supporting these types of clients, you can turn off this setting by changing the default value of the NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation registry entry (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Filesystem) to 1.
2. Disable last access update. By default NTFS updates the date and time stamp of the last access on directories whenever it traverses the directory. For a large NTFS volume, this update process can slow performance. To disable automatic updating, change the value of the NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate registry entry (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContolSet\Control\Filesystem) to 1. If the entry is not already present in the registry, add it before setting the value. (Add it as a REG_DWORD)
3. Reserve appropriate space for the master file table. Add the NtfsMftZoneReservation entry to the registry as a REG_DWORD in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem. When you add this entry to the registry, the system reserves space on the volume for the master file table. Reserving space in this manner allows the master file table to grow optimally. If your NTFS volumes generally contain relatively few files that are typically large, set value of this registry entry to 1 (the default). Typically you can use a value of 2 or 3 for moderate numbers of files, and 4 (the maximum) if your volumes tend to contain a relatively large number of files. However, be sure to test any settings greater than 2 because these higher values cause the system to reserve a much larger portion of the disk for the master file table.
Reboot after making changes.

HDD slowdown when booting -

If, like I had , you have a 3min+ or slower boot time where Windows XP seems to sit for 2+ or so minutes with the XP logo doing nothing before everything comes to life, then do the following.
Download Bootvis from www.microsoft.com and run it the next time you boot. Do a 'Trace'
If it shows a very long 'HDD init' time of minutes rather than seconds then this is how to fix it.
This example assumes you have 1 Hard drive on your primary IDE channel and a DVD-ROM(or CD)
and CD-R on your two secondary IDE channels.
Go to start > right click on my computer > click properties. Click Hardware > Device Manager.
Go to IDE/ATAPI Controllers. Select primary channel. Right click properties. Click the Advance settings tab. Then on the device (0 or 1)that does not have 'device type' greyed out select 'disable' instead of 'autodetect'. This should stop windows trying to find a drive that isn't there.
If you have your IDE channels set up differently simply repat the above for the secondary IDE channel settings.
When I did this my boot time went from 3mins 20 to 35 seconds.

Performance Increase through My Computer -

Easy enough tweak to usually find out about it on your own, but still, some of use still don't find it right away. So here it is:
1: Start > Right Click on My Computer and select properties.
2: Click on the "Advanced" tab
3: See the "Perfomance" section? Click "Settings"
4: Disable the following:
Fade or slide menus into view
Fade or slide ToolTips into view
Fade out menu items after clicking
Show Shadows under menus
Slide open combo boxes
Slide taskbar buttons
Use a background image for each folder type
Use common tasks in folders
There, now Windows will still look nice and perform faster.

Unload .dll's to Free Memory -

Windows Explorer caches DLLs (Dynamic-Link Libraries) in memory for a period of time after the application using them has been closed. This can be an inefficient use of memory.
1. Find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer].
2. Create a new DWORD sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory.
3. Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
I tried this after running a intense program, then watched the task manager; memory recovered it self.

Remove start-up items for performance -

Having programs run when windows loads slows down your start.
There are two ways do disable programs that may be in your startup (like icq, messanger,)
The easiest is to do the following:
1. start --> run --> msconfig
2. Click on the "startup" tab (furthest right)\
3. Unclick any items you don't want to load when windows starts.
The second is by deleting registry entrys, this can be done the following way:
1. Start --> run --> regedit
2. Navigate to : \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Delete any entry's that you don't want to load up
***NOTE***
Deleting keys from the registry will not allow you to set them to startup again if you change your mind.

Reduce 10 second scandisk wait time -

Start MS Dos Prompt (Start run CMD)
CHKNTFS/T:4
where 4 is the amount of waiting time

Solution for power down/system shutdown -

Many people have been having problems with their system not automatically closing down when they 'turn off' their PC. This is because of the APM setting which is not enabled. To enable it, right click on my computer goto properties select hardware and click device mangager.
Click view and then on show hidden devices. You should see the NT ATM / Legacy Interface mode with a red cross on it. Double click it and on the screen that appears at the bottom choose enable from the drop down menu.
Your PC should now automatically switch off completely on shutdown.

SystemPages Memory Tweak -

By default, if you look in the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]key, you'll see the 'SystemPages' DWORD Value set to something around 500 MB (more accurately, 524288 (KB), or something close to that value). Simply reduce the value to something around 128 MB (131072 KB) or 256 MB (262144 KB).

Get rid of IM and no slow OE startup -

If you have OE 6 got to tools > windows messenger > options > preferences and in the general area uncheck "run this program when windows starts" and "allow this program to run in the background." After doing this IM does not load on startup and OE loads as usual.
Hope it helps.

Disable unnecessary programs -

Installing many programs on you computer can often clutter your registry with unnecessary programs running when your computer starts up. This will slow down your machine and take up memory.
Start Regedit. If you are unfamiliar with regedit please refer to our FAQ <faq.asp> on how to get started.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Once there, locate any entry's on the right. You can identify the program by the path to the executable. Find programs that you can live without starting up from the list.
Right click on them and select Delete
You may also want to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
Delete unnecessary programs.
Reboot your computer.

Microsoft Speed-Up-Boot Tool -

Microsoft has designed a tool to help in monitoring the boot up process of your computer. The tool has many cool features that allow you to find out how long each program running at start up is taking to load and when they load. http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/platform/performance/fastboot/default.asp

Fix for slow loading of Outlook Express when Messenger is disabled -

Open up Register Editor by running "regedit" command. Click on "Edit" and select "Find". Copy and paste FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541 onto the "Find what" box and click on "Find Next". Once found, click on the plus sign in front of it and you will find InProc32 and LocalServer32. Select one of them then right click on default under the name column and select "modify", then simply delete what's in the Value Data box. Repeat for the other.

Another way to get rid of Messenger without uninstalling and reg hacks -

I just figured out how to remove M$ Messenger and keep it from loading on startup and on launch of Outlook AND this does not slow down Outlook or hinder system performance. The policy editor and registry tweaks ain't got nothin' on this! Just go into "C:\Program Files\Messenger" and either rename the Messenger folder to something like "MessengerOLD" or just move it. Viola! Even if you enable MSMSGS in Msconfig IT WILL NOT LOAD! So easy even a stoned lab rat can understand.
Virtual Paging File
This tweak can increase the amount of RAM significantly used on your computer. What this tweak actually does is it uses your hard-drive disk-space to emulate RAM. This is called caching, or in Microsoft terms - The

Virtual Paging File Size -

1.) Go into Control Panel and into Performance and Maintenance
2.) Get into System
3.) Click the Advanced Tab
4.) In the Performance Frame, click on Settings
5.) Once in Settings click on the Advanced Tab
6.) Now under Virutal Memory click on Change
7.) Here you can set your RAM value. The recommended increase you should make should be achieved by multiplying your RAM by 1.5. This is already done if you have a System Managed file size. I like to increase it by 1/5 of my actual hard-drive space. This will drastically increase performance, because the system will now have a pool of cache to retrieve memory from.
Happy Tweaking!

Sacrifice Graphics for Speed -

XP is very graphic-intensive which results in a large consumption of RAM. Sometimes to squeeze in the nitty-gritty megs of memory can be, by sacrificing the pretty little bits and colors that are on your screen.
- For starters, reducing the color density and and bit display of your screen will ultimately increase speed to your computer.
1.)On your desktop, right click and go to PROPERTIES.
2.)In properties go to Settings, and set your color quality to the lowest bit-rating (most likely 15 bit). This will reduce color density, and icon quality, but will heavily boast system performance.
- If you really want to increase your system performance, new Windows themes are NOT the way to go, if you are ill-equipped with RAM.
1.) Go into Control Panel and into Performance and Maintenence.
2.) Get into System and click on the Advanced tab.
3.) Now click on Performance
4.) Under your visual effects, select CHOOSE BEST PERFORMANCE.
5.) This will undoubtedly increase your system performance by returning XP into Classic Style and getting rid of the fancy-shmancy fading menus, shadows and whatnot.
Now your graphically challenged computer, has turned into a mean, lean, computing machine.
Happy Tweaking!

Its all about your priorities -

In life, the only way to succeed is to get your priorities straight. Well tough-luck, to all you slackers, the computer world ain't much different. Windows has setup a system controlled hiearchy which is notably called the Priority System. By increasing a programs priority, the task manager tells the system to pay more attention to it, by feeding it RAM and optimizing that program to use the system cache more effifiently. Lets explore into the wonderful world of priorities.
1.) Right click on your taskbar and select TASK MANAGER
2.) Under the Processes pane select a program that you would like sped up.
3.) Now right click, and under Set Priority, set the system priority to High.
That program will be much faster, and will run more efficiently. Beware, by setting it to Realtime requires a motherload of RAM (256MB a minimum). Note, the system priority won't always be high, it will only be high for the current session. Meaning, once you restart your computer, all your priorities will be set back to its default (most of the time normal). Another hint, is not to set a system priority, because system managed files will give you an Access Denied error.
Happy Tweaking!

Decrease system loading time by changing network settings -

When you start up your computer and you are connected to a LAN and your computer is set to DHCP and your computer has to search for the DHCP server and then request and IP address and all other configuration. This process takes up some time and slows down the time it takes to boot the computer up. Following the directions below will help your set a static IP address. Even if your ISP says to use DHCP this tweak may still work for you, but you are warnned!
Click Start and click on Run.
Type command in the text box and click OK.
In DOS, type ipconfig and hit enter.
This will show you your current IPs that your NIC and PPPoE adapters have. Only pay attention to your Ethernet Card Adapter, not to the PPP adapter.
Next, right click My Network Places and select Properties from the drop down menu. This will open up the Network Connections window. In here, locate your Local Area Network connection and right click it, select Properties from the drop down menu.
When the next Window that opens up, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties at the bottom.
In the next window, click 'Use the following IP Address'. This is where that DOS window comes in handy. Copy the same exact IP Address from your Ethernet card (in the dos window) and place it where it says IP Address. Same goes for the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. If your Default Gateway is blank, then just leave it blank. Click Ok, then Ok again.
In the DOS window type exit dos then enter. Reboot your machine.
Now there is absolutely NO loading. You can connect as soon as you see your desktop.
Quick Note: If you use DHCP (Dynamic IP Address) to connect to the net, you may find that your net connection does not work after this. So if some day your network connection stops working, just go back into the NIC card properties and select automatically get IP address and reboot.

Fix Outlook's slow load time without editing registry -

There has already been one suggestion for fixing Outlook's load time after uninstalling Messenger, however if you don’t feel comfortable editing the registry simply open OE, click on the Tools menu, then Options, then go to the 'Other' tab, then un-check the box at the bottom that reads "Enable instant messaging in Microsoft Outlook".

DMA Mode on IDE Devices -

Just like Windows 2000, Windows XP still fails to set the DMA mode correctly for the IDE device designated as the slaves on the primary IDE and secondary IDE channels. Most CD-ROMS are capable of supporting DMA mode, but the default in XP is still PIO. Setting it to DMA won't make your CD-ROM faster, but it will consume less CPU cycles. Here's how:
1. Open the Device Manager. One way to do that is to right click on "My Computer", select the Hardware tab, and Select Device Manager.
2. Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and double-click on "Primary IDE Channel"
3. Under the "Advanced Settings" tab, check the "Device 1" setting. More than likely, your current transfer mode is set to PIO.
4. Set it to "DMA if available".
Repeat the step for the "Secondary IDE Channel" if you have devices attached to it. Reboot.

Remove Unnecessary Services more easily -

Ever knew about something called "MSCONFIG" ?? ... LoL No ? Click ...
Start > Run > Type MSCONFIG > Click OK > GOTO Service TAB
Have Phun !

IRQ Priority Boost -

All you have to do is copy/paste the following (between the ----- ) into notepad and save with a .reg extension.
--------
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"IRQ8Priority"=dword:00000001
---------
To undo the tweak copy/paste the following (between the ----- ) into notepad and save with a .reg extension.
--------
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl]
"IRQ8Priority"=dword:00000000
---------
Note: Make sure your System CMOS/Real Time Clock are on IRQ 8
To get the actual IRQ# go to: Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> System Devices -> System CMOS/real time clock -> Properties -> Resources tab -> default IRQ# is 8 on all IBM PC clones.
Now you can add other IRQ's for multiple entries, but real-time priority doesn't like to share so if your going to, be aware of what your adding since the main tweak boosts almost all performance of your system.
You could boost your network card, or your video card if you wanted. Run msinfo32 to find the IRQ's that you feel necessary to give this to.
NOTE: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT.

System Settings for a Game Machine -

If you are a hard core gammer then the below tweak is for you. Below are a list of windows services that we reccomend you change to the manual setting.
Routing and Remote Access
Alerter
Application Layer Gateway Service** (only if firewll is not used)
Application Management
Background Intelligent Transfer Service
ClipBook
COM+ System Application
Distributed Link Tracking Client
Distributed Transaction Coordinator
Help and Support
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service** (only if do you not use the cd-rw xp record suport)
IPSEC Services
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider
Net Logon
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing
Network DDE
Network DDE DSDM
Network Location Awareness (NLA)
NT LM Security Support Provider
Performance Logs and Alerts
Portable Media Serial Number
QoS RSVP
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
Remote Registry
Removable Storage
Server
Smart Card
Smart Card Helper
SSDP Discovery Service
System Restore Service
Telnet
Themes
Uninterruptible Power Supply
Universal Plug and Play Device Host
Volume Shadow Copy
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Windows Installer
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
Wireless Zero Configuration
WMI Performance Adapter
Fast User Switching Compatibility ** (only if fast user shiching is not used or the machine have one user only)
Protected Storage
Windows Time
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Task Scheduler
Secondary Logon
Print Spooler ** (only if the pc do not have or use a printer)
Indexing Service
Error Reporting Service
Computer Browser
Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Have Fun!

Speed up menu display -

When using the start menu the you will notice a delay between different tiers of the menu hierarchy. For the fastest computer experience possible I recommend changing this value to zero. This will allow the different tiers to appear instantly.
Start Regedit. If you are unfamiliar with regedit please refer to our FAQ <faq.asp> on how to get started.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.
Right on it and select Modify.
Change the value to 0.
Reboot your computer.

Keep high preformance and keep the GUI -

To increase system performance and keep the GUI:
Right click my computer.
Click properties.
Click advanced.
Click settings (under performance).
Click Adjust for best performance.
Scroll to the bottom and check the last one “use visual styles on windows and buttons”.

Getting rid of "puppy" in search much easier -

To get rid of the puppy or any other character in the search engine for xp, simply open up search and right click on the puppy(or character), the puppy(or character will ask, "you rang?") and choose: "turn off animated character" -- presto! bye bye doggie....
this is much easier than downloading powertools for xp(very pointless).
thanks

Remove Login Password!!! -

I didn't want to enter the password at the welcome menu everytime i boot up my computer so i tried to disable it in the user accounts located in the control panel. When i clicked on my account and clicked on remove my password, it didn't allow me. Follow this step to remove it.
1. Go to Control panel
2. Click administrative tools
3. Local Security Settings
4. Click Minimum password length
5. Reduce it to 0, No password required
6. Go to user account in control panel click your account and remove password.
This will disable the password feature. Have fun.

Reclaim screen space stolen by XP "Luna" style windows -

Like the new "Luna" Windows XP Interface, but dislike the screen-hogging window title bars and the ridiculously large (compared to the "classic interface") window close, minimize, and maximize controls?
To set the window title bar and controls back to a more reasonable size, go to the Appearance tab of the Display control panel and click Advanced. Then click on the title bar of the sample window, and you can reduce the size from 25 pixels to as low as 20 pixels. By reducing the title bar font size, you can shrink the title bar even smaller.
This change makes the screen fell less cramped, and restores the correct (in my opinion) proportions to the title bars. Now if someone could do something about the bigger taskbar...

Remove Outlook Express Splash screen -

In order to remove the OE Splash screen you must edit your registry:
1. Run regedit
2. Go to the key named something like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{EC7994FF-9DB7-4854-B5F1-C3D3956DED35}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0
3. Add a new DWORD called "NoSplash"
4. Set it to "1"

Delete My eBooks and other special folders in My Documents -

Click Start, then Run and type: regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll
then delete them

Easiest way to disable Windows Picture and Fax Viewer -

Right Click On image file. Choose "open with", then "choose program" Select your favorite image viewer program. Check the "always use selected program" box Click OK. It's just that simple.

Turn off Thumbs.db -

Thumbs.db is a file which is created in a folder with Movies or Pictures so that you can view a piece of their content without actualy opening them (you can't see thumbnails unless you have the option to view system files turned on). Thumbs.db is there so that you don't need to reload a thumbnail everytime you browse that folder. Sad fact is, is Thumbs.db takes up about 2kb per file and if you edit a lot of stuff its annoying to keep seeing them popping up all over your computer. You can remove thumbs.db quite easily by following these steps:
1. Go to Run in the startmenu
2. Type gpedit.msc
3. Click OK and the Group Policy will open
4. Go to User Configuration/Administrative Template/Windows Components/Windows Explorer
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the long list of stuff that now shows up in the menu on the right. Double-Click on Turn off caching of thumbnail pictures.
6. Click on Enable then Apply, Ok. And now you no longer have this annoying problem.

Easier way to kill microsoft tick sound -

The annoying "tick" sound is microsoft's default sound for "start navigation" which can be disabled through control panel-->sounds

Remove Shared Documents from My Computer -

Removing the Shared Documents folders from My Computer can be done without editing the registry.
1. Go the the Start menu, and click on Run.
2. Type gpedit.msc
3. Now go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and click on Windows Explorer.
4. In here, you'll see the option Remove Shared Documents from My Computer. Double click on that, tick Enabled, and click OK. And that's all.

Get Rid of the Recycle Bin -

If you're like me, you appreciate the clean desktop that XP offers. Unfortunately, one item remains: the Recycle Bin. You can't get rid of it through any menus or anything like that. After much hacking around in the registry, I finally found the responsible key. Simply delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}" and restart. When you restart, the Recycle Bin is no longer on the desktop. When you delete stuff, it still prompts to send it to the Recycle Bin, as always. To fully delete something, just delete it from C:\Recycled. To view this folder, you have to have everything set to be seen, including hidden folders and procted OS files and all that. Enjoy this handy tweak! icon_smile.gif

Remove image preview -

just open regedit and delete the key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\ShellImagePreview

Remove windows version from desktop using "regedit.exe" -

1.Click on "Start", then "Run.." and type "regedit".
2.Navigate to the registry key:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop".
3.Once there, locate the DWORD value "PaintDesktopVersion".
4.Right click on it and select Modify.
-Value equal to "0" removes Windows version from desktop.
-Value equal to "1" adds Windows version to desktop.
5.Reboot your computer.

Easy way to remove build number from desktop -

Here is an very easy way to remove the build number from your desktop. Just follow the directions below to remove it.
Right click on the desktop
Expand arrange icons by
Click on lock items to desktop
The build number will be gone. However, you will loose the transparent text background but most of us can live with that.

Fix IE 6 Slowdowns and Hangs -

If Internet Explorer (IE) 6 is slowing to a crawl and/or hanging and starts to use 100 percent of CPU time it may well be a corruption of the "Temporary Internet Files folder". In particular, trying to delete Temporary Internet files via Tools, Internet Options or other privacy software seems to trigger this behavior. Also, attempts to view files in the Temporary Internet Files folder may show the folder as already empty when it is not. This behavior occurs because the Temporary Internet files database is corrupt.
The Temporary Internet files aren't really files but entries in %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat. Deleting that file solves the problem. This same problem has occured for NT users and the fix works for XP.
1. Open a command prompt window on the desktop (Start/Run/command).
2. Exit IE and Windows Explorer (iexplore.exe and explorer.exe, respectively, in Task Manager, i.e - Ctrl-Alt-Del/Task Manager/Processes/End Process for each).
3. Use the following command exactly from your command prompt window to delete the corrupt file:
C:\>del "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat"
4. Restart Windows Explorer with Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del/Task Manager/Applications/New Task/Browse/C:\Windows\explorer.exe[or your path]) or Shutdown/Restart the computer from Task Manager.
IE should now work properly.

Completely disable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) -

To completely disable the potentially dangerous UPnP service from Windows XP, there are two services present that should be disabled. You can access the Services panel through Administrative Tools (Control Panel>>Performance and Maintenance). The two services you need to disable are:
Universal Plug and Play Device Host
AND
SSDP Discovery Service
Most users don't realize it, but the SSDP service is the actual server that's open to the internet (unless you're firewalled), and the service that turns on the UPnP Device Host. Disable the UPnP Device Host first by double-clicking on the service and selecting "Disabled" in the drop-down menu, instead of the default "Manual." Next, go on to the SSDP Discovery Service, double-click and select to stop the service, then disable it in the same manner.
I hope this helps anyone who might be confused about how to be rid of UPnP.

Web pages slow down, FIX -

The tweak is simple. Beside the QoS and others around the Internet for the new XP OS, I found out that native drivers sometimes slow you down (cable and xDSL users). So if you have applied all tweaks and you are still having slow downs try reinstalling your NICs drivers.
I have reinstalled my NIC drivers (I own a CNET generic NIC, native driver is installed with OS) with the latest found on their website, and now I can really apretiate all my available bandwith. The difference is noticeable. My web pages now load almost instantly where they used to take even a minute!
As allways, this tweak worked well for me, but may not work with everybody, just try! You can go back to native drivers anytime.
Good Luck!

Speeding Up Share Viewing -

When you connect to another computer with Windows XP, it checks for any Scheduled tasks on that computer - a fairly useless task, but one that can add up to 30 seconds of waiting on the other end - not good! Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to disable this process.
First, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace
in the Registry. Below that, there should be a key called {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}. Just delete this, and after a restart, Windows will no longer check for scheduled tasks - major performance improvement!

Speed up browsing with DNS catch -

when you connect to a web site your computer sends information back and forth, this is obvious. Some of this information deals with resolving the site name to an IP address, the stuff that tcp/ip really deals with, not words. This is DNS information and is used so that you will not need to ask for the site location each and every time you visit the site. Although WinXP and win2000 has a pretty efficient DNS cache, you can increase its overall performance by increasing its size. You can do this with the registry entries below: ************begin copy and paste*********** Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters] "CacheHashTableBucketSize"=dword:00000001 "CacheHashTableSize"=dword:00000180 "MaxCacheEntryTtlLimit"=dword:0000fa00 "MaxSOACacheEntryTtlLimit"=dword:0000012d ************end copy and paste*********** make a new text file and rename it to dnscache.reg. The copy and paste the above into it and save it. Then merge it into the registry

Internet Explorer Fast Load -

1. Change your home page to about:blank, or click use blank page.

Disable ICMP Redirect for security -

If your running server versions, add the following reg_dword in the location shown and set it to "0". This will help keep an icmp re-direct attack from taking over your server.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"EnableICMPRedirect"=dword:00000000
Works in both Win2k and XP

Better startup for IE (Google) -

I prefer to use Google as my search engine so I use this to speed loading IE.
Go to www.google.com. Once the page is loaded, click FILE, SAVE AS. In the Save As Type dropdown, select Web Archive, Single File(*.mht) and save it somewhere.
Now, open the file, it will open a browser showing the www.google.com page. In IE, click TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, then under Home Page, click USE CURRENT.
Next time you start IE, it will use the local version of the web site to open with. This will only work with simple, static pages.

Modify bandwith reserved for QoS-aware programs -

Traffic flow can be managed very well in Windows XP using the Quality of Service (QoS) Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP). However, programs must be designed to take advantage of this QoS API. The traffic from programs that are not QoS-aware are sent directly to a different API called TCI. These programs have to fight for bandwidth because unlike the QoS API, there is no bandwidth reservation. If you use a lot of QoS-aware programs and would like to change the percent of the bandwidth that is reserved for the program, read below.
Make sure your logged on as Administrator. Do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.
To log in as Administrator:
- Click on start->logoff->logoff
- At the logon screen hold Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- In the user field type 'Administrator'
- In the password field type the password for the administrator (if you don't have one leave blank) and press OK
Click on the Start button and select run.
Type gpedit.msc in the text box and click OK
Once the program loads, expand the Computer configuration branch.
Expand the Administrative templates branch.
Expand the Network branch.
Highlight the QoS Packet Scheduler in left window.
In right window double click the limit reservable bandwidth setting
On setting tab check the enabled option.
Where it says Bandwidth limit %, change it to read what ever percent you want to reserve for QoS-aware applications.
Click OK and exit the group policy editor.
Go to your Network connections (start->my computer->my network connection-> view network connections).
Right click on your connection, choose properties then under the General or the Networking tab (where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.
Now just reboot your computer and you are all done.
When a QoS-aware program is in use it will reserve the allocated amount of bandwidth and that will take away form other non QoS-aware programs. However, once the QoS-aware application is closed or closes the network connection, the bandwidth reservation is released. This is done by a series of PATH and RESV refresh messages sent back and fourth over the connection. Once these messages are no longer detected, the data flow is closed and the reservation of bandwidth is eliminated.

IMPROVED: Disable home page to speed up launch -

there is a better way to do this: add -nohome to the shortcut! If you combine these two, it;s the fastest option you can get.

Get rid of the "links" folder in the favorites -

Well if your like me, you prob. have tried to delete the "Links" folder in your favorites, and then come to find out that when you restart the "Links" folder is still there. Well if you follow these directions you will not have that problem again.
1. Start regedit, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
2. Locate the string "LinksFolderName" Right Click on it and select delete.
3. Click Ok, and exit regedit
4. Restart

Tweaking MTU on XP using PPPoE -

You need to downlod RASPPPoE: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~normanb

Disable Scheldule Task in IE -

IE 6.0 wants to run a schelduled task everytime it connects to a server. This results in slower browsing. To disable this delete the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}.

Security: Clear temp files on close -

The latest versions of internet explorer include some great new security improvements. For this tweak I will talk about the feature that clear the temporary internet files each time you close internet explorer. This is a very useful feature since it saves disk space and also keeps the websites that you downloaded private. Lets say that you were doing some online banking. All of the HTML files would be downloaded to the temp internet files by default. Someone with few computer skills can then copy those files out of that directory and view them. That is why it is good to have those files cleared automatically.
Launch Internet Explorer.
Select the Tools from the menu bar.
Then select Internet Options... from the drop down menu.
Once the internet options has loaded click on the advanced tab.
Under security find where it says Empty Temporary internet files folder when browser is closed and check it.
Click OK

Decrease temp internet files -

The temporary internet files clutter your hard drive with copies of each page visited. These can build up over time and take up disk space. Even more bothersome is that instead of getting new pages each time IE often takes the page out the temp internet files. This can be a problem if you are viewing a website that is updated all the time. If you are on a slow connection such as a 56K or lower then this can be good but if you are on a fast broadband connection, like me, then you can get away with decreasing the size of your temp internet files to just one meg without any preformance decrease.
Once the internet options has loaded click on the general tab.
Under the temporary internet files section click the settings button.
A settings window will load. Slide the slider all the way to the left so the size indicated in the text box on the right is one.
Click OK
Click OK

Get rid of history -

Get rid of that history. There is no good that can come of it. It will only take up space and allows any cleaver person to find out exactly what web sites you have visited.
Once the internet options has loaded click on the general tab.
Under the history section change the days to keep in history to 0.
I would also click the clear history button to get rid of everything else.
Click OK

Disable folder view -

One of the most annoying features of Internet Explorer occurs when trying to connect to a FTP site. By default, folder view is enabled. For the extreme beginner this can be of great help but I am assuming that if you are visiting my web site then you are past that stage by now. I would disable it for many reasons. The most convincing reason to disable it is because it is slow and often causes IE to not respond for periods of time when it is having a hard time connecting to the server.
Once the internet options has loaded click on the advanced tab.
Find where it says Enable folder view for FTP sites and uncheck it.
Click OK

Mouse Performance Fix -

If you are having problems in games, the XP interface, etc., try this fix.
1. Open the CONTROL PANEL
2. If using common tasks open PRINTERS AND OTHER HARDWARE, then MOUSE.
If using classic view open MOUSE.
3. click on the POINTER OPTIONS tab and !uncheck! the following: ENHANCE POINTER PRECISION and SHOW LOCATION OF POINTER WHEN I PRESS THE CTRL KEY.
The ENHANCE POINTER PRECISION function applies an acceleration curve to the mouse. This is found in Windows 2000 as well.
Another area to check:
1.click on the HARDWARE tab and click PROPERTIES
2.In the new box click the ADVANCED SETTINGS tab.
3.Set SAMPLE RATE to the higest number. (this is how many times per second windows checks the position of the mouse. This means higher number = more response.)
4. increase INPUT BUFFER LENGTH to the highest number. (this is windows "buffer" or temporary storage for data from the mouse)
5. if you !do not! have a wheel on your mouse. under WHEEL DETECTION select DETECTION DISABLED. (this will free up resources for windows)
Good Luck

Laggy mouse in OpenGL -

When running games in OpenGl, like Counterstrike and Quake3, you might have problems with a laggy mouse (+ keyboard). This lag CAN be related to DirectSound a part of DirectX; the solution was found by "Cabrone":
1. Go to DirectXDiagnostics; Start -> Run -> dxdiag.exe
2. Just go to the sound part of directx and disable sound acceleration
This tweak clears up the laggy mouse issues in OpenGl games under XP

Performance Fix For XP Systems Using Radeon Graphics, with 512mb RAM Or Greater -

I noticed a serious hit to graphics performance, using ATI Radeon 64 DDR, after upgrading to XP Pro on one of my machines. But yet it didn't phase my other system, which was duplicate, except that the problem child had 512mb RAM, the other had 128.
After some experimenting I found that upping the AGP aprature size to 128 did the trick. For those who don't know this setting is in the bios under "Advanced Chipset Features" usually. Access the bios by hitting DEL or F2, depends on your system, during startup.
Usually this setting doesn't matter a whole lot because todays cards manage their own app size along with the OS (XP slacking), and usually have a min of 32mb on board memory, so settings above 64mb are usually not needed. A rule of thumb is to set the size at half of the total system memory.

Enable AGP 4x On VIA Chipsets -

Serious gamers may notice a decrease in framerate compared to previous versions of Windows when using XP on their Via-chipset based machines. This is partly because of XP’s built-in support for Via chipsets. A quick check in the Device Manager will reveal the lack of some items, such as the “Via CPU to AGP Controller.” What’s worse is downloading and installing the latest Via Drivers won’t help under normal circumstances. This guide will get you the controller back and increase your framerates.
1. Download the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers here - http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2#4in1
2. Navigate to wherever you saved the drivers, and unzip them to a folder.
3. Open the folder and find the Setup.exe. Right-click it and choose Properties.
4. Click the Compatibility Tab.
5. Check the box labeled “Run this program in compatibility mode for: ” Choose Windows 2000 from the drop down list.
6. Click “Ok” to close the dialog.
7. Double-click the setup and install the drivers as usual.
8. When you reboot, you’ll notice the “Via CPU to AGP Controller” in your device manager, as well as a few other Via items that weren’t there before.
This works because, ultimately, XP is running Windows 2000’s engine under the hood. Hopefully Via will resolve this driver issue in the future, but in the meantime, this works quite well.

Mouse acceleration tweak -

Here is the tweak:
Background (yiNXs)
The tweak was found by finding a logic order in the 64-bit hexa-decimal values at the below regestry-entries. When trying different values, you should come up with a diagram wich displays a curve, this is the unwanted acceleration. Adjusting the values that the curve becomes a straight line rosolves the mouse-acceleration.
1. Safe the following text to a .reg file and doubleclick it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
"SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,a0,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,40,\
"SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,66,a6,02,00,00,00,00,00,cd,4c,\
05,00,00,00,00,00,a0,99,0a,00,00,00,00,00,38,33,15,00,00,00,00,00
2. Reboot your computer
Increase speed of Outlook Express when Messenger is removed or disabled
For some users when they remove windows messenger or just disable it from starting up automatically they experience a great slow down when launching Outlook express. Users who experience such a slow down will find a error in the system error log saying The server {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. The solution this problem is quite simple. Just Open up regedit and search for the string {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} and modify the keys InProc32 and LocalServer32 default key to a empty string. After a reboot, Outlook will start up as fast as possible.

Free Disk space by deleting restore points -

Start button-all programs-accessories-system tools-cleanup-more options. You will have the option of deleting your restore points. I had over 2 gigabytes of restore points. When your done create one restore point as a back up.

Clear pagefile on shutdown -

For added security you should always clear the page file upon shutting down your computer. Windows uses this file as extra ram. Lets say that you are working on a confidential MS Word doc. When you load this document it is loaded into ram. To save ram windows places certain items in the page file. The page file can then be opened and the document can be extracted as well as any other open program or files. However Microsoft has implemented a feature that will clear the page file but they do not have it enabled by default. Please note, this will slightly increase the amount of time it takes to shut down your computer but it is well worth it.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
Select ClearPageFileAtShutdown from the list on the right.
Right on it and select Modify.
Change the value to 1 to enable.
Reboot your computer.

Kommentaarid: 634 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 4 :: 3 :: 495
tagasi üles
vaata kasutaja infot saada privaatsõnum mine selle kasutaja kodulehele
rundll
HV kasutaja
rundll

sõnum 16.01.2005 23:44:40 vasta tsitaadiga

siin asju mida mul üldse ei existeerigi.....xp-st siis nii erinevad versioonid olemas w.
registrist puudus palju asju, ok neid saab teha aga tüüp siin reegib et seal peaks juba olemas olema. muidu thumbs_up.gif tweak õpetus.

PlatoonSgtElias on siia peris ia asja pand, kust said selle???
Kommentaarid: 7 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 1 :: 5
tagasi üles
Elof
HV Guru
Elof

sõnum 17.01.2005 00:24:27 vasta tsitaadiga

rundll, neid inglise keelseid "gaide" ikka kohtab hullu kanti.
Näiteks -
http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=434&dPage=1
http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=324
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html
+
ka 1 BIOS'i funktsioone selgitav tviikgaid
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

Edit - Lisaks ühe eriti põhjaliku twiikingu juhatuse - http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Documents/Book.cfm?DocumentID=69
Kommentaarid: 212 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 2 :: 0 :: 175
tagasi üles
M|a|D
Kreisi kasutaja

Autoriseeritud ID-kaardiga

sõnum 03.01.2006 00:33:02 vasta tsitaadiga

esimeses postituses olevatel soovitustel on suhteliselt tugevad konsekventsid, nimekirjas liialt palju essentsiaalseid service`d, millega trivaalne töö masinaga häirub.
Serviceid võib väga julgelt kinni keerata kui masinaga võrgus ei tööta, tarkvara ei uuenda, viirustõrjet ei kasuta, riistvara ei muuda, erilisi tarkvara-add on riistvara /plug &play funktsioone ei rakenda.
Õpetuse järgi resulteeruv kastraat sobib mp3, filmi, mõne algelise 3d rakenduse jooksutamiseks(Cel 400 juures, kus mälu 64)
Stabiilsus, uptime kannatavad tohutult <-- võibolla nendest fenomenidest intaktse XP puhul rääkida polegi eriti mõtet, kuid kui aeg midagi ei maksa võib ju kvantiteedile välja minna ja mõtlematult hakata service`d maha tapma.
Kommentaarid: 53 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 46
tagasi üles
HDTanel
Overclocker
HDTanel

sõnum 03.01.2006 02:37:14 vasta tsitaadiga

Ma sain oma kettalt kõik saasta enamvähem kustutatud... winni lugedes on mälu kasutusel 48Mb. OC kettana kasutan siis... vägahead tulemused tulevad kusjuures icon_smile.gif
Kommentaarid: 634 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 4 :: 3 :: 495
tagasi üles
quest
HV vaatleja

sõnum 10.01.2006 02:09:42 vasta tsitaadiga

Tegin kah kõik selle õpetuse järgi ära aga juhtus selline asi kui midagi panna Minimize siis kogunevad kõik asja alla paremas nurk üks teise peale !???? icon_sad.gif
Ja kuidas ma selle ikoonide ümber värvi ära saan....
http://quest.pri.ee/andres/dsp.JPG
pilt kah sellest !
tagasi üles
VR53
HV Guru
VR53

sõnum 10.01.2006 02:18:32 vasta tsitaadiga

ikoonid saad korda siit:

control panel > system > advanced > performance settings > use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop

tagasi üles
tungraud
HV kasutaja
tungraud

sõnum 11.01.2006 15:18:47 vasta tsitaadiga

mul on endal server 2003 nlite http://nuhi.msfn.org/ näritud versioon peal, juba terve aasta on käinud, xp oli max 3-4 kuud, Nüüd lõpuks hakkab umbe jooksma, aga eks see mu enda probleem ka, liiga palju erinevaid programme on läbi käinud ja defragi pole ka kaua näinud. Vaevalt et sellist os´i enam keegi teeb nagu oli win98 generatsioon kus windows käis kuni arvuti võiduka lõpuni, keegi ei tuuninud ega remontinud seda, see lihtsalt käis ja käis.
raull
HV kasutaja

sõnum 15.01.2006 13:48:47 vasta tsitaadiga

tungraud sul ikka väga imelik arusaam.

W98'ga olen näinud ikka tohutuid probleeme.
2k ja XP on ikka väga hästi töötavad, kui ise solki sisse ei korja ehk spywaret ja viirusi ei hangi.

Endal masin alates ostmisest saadik vägahästi jooksnud sama installi peal ilma ühegi windowsi pobleemita ning softi ning ajureid on tohutult peale/maha lastud.
Kommentaarid: 8 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 8
tagasi üles
Overkilla
HV veteran

sõnum 16.01.2006 06:02:37 vasta tsitaadiga

Lisaks veel edasijõudnud näppijatele, et devmgmt.msc all "Show hidden devices" võimaldab näppida ka peidetud "service'tega", "Non-plug and play devices". Näiteks "mnmdd", "dmload" - disabled (juhul kui ei kasuta Netmeeting programmi ega "Dynamic disks"), samas palju võib "Demand" staatusest tõsta "System" alustamistasemele ("IP Network Address Translator", "AFD Networking Support Environment", "TCP/IP Protocol Driver", "Fips"). Eks igaüks leiab endale sobivaima, abiks kindlasti http://technet.microsoft.com/default.aspx . "Remote Access IP ARP Driver" tegi sellist nalja, et loopis sinist ekraani, tema sai "disabled" ja Windows töötab kui kellavärk. Alglaadimisel käivitub 6 "service't" (services.msc), kokku mälukasutus ~65mb, XP kohta väga hea, kusjuures töötavad kõik mängud, heli, wõrk, "cool'n'quiet" (ehk siis kõik vajalik). Jõudu XP kasutute vidinate eemaldamisel, keelamisel.
Kommentaarid: 97 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 6 :: 2 :: 80
tagasi üles
JJyrks
HV vaatleja

sõnum 05.02.2006 17:30:34 vasta tsitaadiga

Kui ma ainult dlcache kustutan, kas sellest tuleb märgatavalt kiirust juurde? 400mb ära ei ütleks...
Teiste asadega praegu ei hakkaks riskima. icon_razz.gif

Killtec
HV vaatleja
Killtec

sõnum 05.02.2006 18:31:17 vasta tsitaadiga

Mure...peale wini näppimist ei taha windows installer korralikult töötada, nimelt ei lase osade progrede nagu msn messenger, nero 7.0, winamp ja quicktime player installi sooriatada ja mängude update'i tegemisel ajab ka sama jura. Milles kühvel icon_question.gif Mis serviceid või asju ma tagasi peaks kruttima?

pilt ka siis teatest...... http://www.zone.ee/killtec/suvalised%20pildid/huinja_1.JPG?2
Kommentaarid: 2 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 2
tagasi üles
remi
Kreisi kasutaja

sõnum 05.02.2006 21:49:53 vasta tsitaadiga

Killtec kirjutas:
Mis serviceid või asju ma tagasi peaks kruttima?

Neid mida maha killisid enne?
Kui ise ka ei mäleta siis teinekord kirjuta üles.
Kommentaarid: 16 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 3 :: 1 :: 8
tagasi üles
Elof
HV Guru
Elof

sõnum 05.02.2006 22:01:19 vasta tsitaadiga

Sikuta Service Tuner ja lae "Safe" preset. Või default.
Kommentaarid: 212 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 2 :: 0 :: 175
tagasi üles
raiksman
HV veteran
raiksman

sõnum 08.02.2006 09:38:46 vasta tsitaadiga

andke mõni reg patch et saks mõne hullemad kõik koos ära tehtu. Kuna ma teen formatit suht tihti siis suur jama iga kord neid klõbistada icon_neutral.gif
Kommentaarid: 156 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 145
tagasi üles
mTim
HV Guru
mTim

sõnum 21.03.2006 02:59:35 vasta tsitaadiga

Karzum kirjutas:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
Value Name: EnablePrefetcher - teenus, mis on mõeldud programmide kiiremaks avamiseks, kuid teeb arvuti hoopis aeglasemaks, 0 lülitab teenuse välja
Data Type: DWORD Value
Value Data: 0 (0 = disable, 1 = enable)

http://xptuunimine.pri.ee kirjutas:
Vanematel arvutitüüpidel soovitaks muuta antud seadistus 0-ks kuid uuematel jätta see muutmata, ehk 3-ks.

"Prefetcher" on osa programmist "Memory Managment" ja selle ülesandeks on arvuti jõudeolekus failide kõvakettal ümberseadmine vastavalt failide kasutamistihedusele.

Kommentaarid: 45 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 40
tagasi üles
chatwalker
HV kasutaja

sõnum 08.04.2006 11:36:20 vasta tsitaadiga

Killtec kirjutas:
Mure...peale wini näppimist ei taha windows installer korralikult töötada, nimelt ei lase osade progrede nagu msn messenger, nero 7.0, winamp ja quicktime player installi sooriatada ja mängude update'i tegemisel ajab ka sama jura. Milles kühvel icon_question.gif Mis serviceid või asju ma tagasi peaks kruttima?

pilt ka siis teatest...... http://www.zone.ee/killtec/suvalised%20pildid/huinja_1.JPG?2

Äkki paned ülevalt vasakust nurgast "start the service" ? icon_biggrin.gif
Kommentaarid: 40 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 4 :: 0 :: 24
tagasi üles
SKG
HV Ihaldatuim Poissmees
SKG

sõnum 08.04.2006 12:18:51 vasta tsitaadiga

Killtec kirjutas:

DCOM Server Process Launcher teenus ikka töötab? see peab Automatic olema.
Windows Installer on vaikimisi Manual-i peal, see ei pea Automatic olema kindlasti.

Killtec
HV vaatleja
Killtec

sõnum 01.05.2006 17:12:35 vasta tsitaadiga

Ei hakanud uut teemat tegema selleks, et küsida, kuidas saada see KAST sealt ära, suht närvidele käib teine.

beer_yum.gif
Kommentaarid: 2 loe/lisa Kasutajad arvavad:  :: 0 :: 0 :: 2
tagasi üles
Mart352
HV Guru
Mart352

sõnum 01.05.2006 17:45:54 vasta tsitaadiga

Killtec kirjutas:
Ei hakanud uut teemat tegema selleks, et küsida, kuidas saada see KAST sealt ära, suht närvidele käib teine.
beer_yum.gif

peaks saama nii:
tools -->internet options --> content --> autocomplete. Clear forms peaks need ära kaotama ja kui linnuke forms-i eest ära võtta siis ta enam neid sinna ei salvesta.

btw soovitan vaadata http://opera.com/ ja/või http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

näita postitusi alates eelmisest:   
uus teema   vasta Hinnavaatlus »  Kasulikud näpunäited »  Windows XP ülekiirendamine mine lehele eelmine  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  järgmine
[vaata eelmist teemat] [vaata järgmist teemat]
 lisa lemmikuks
näita foorumit:  
 ignoreeri teemat 
sa ei või postitada uusi teemasid siia foorumisse
sa ei või vastata selle foorumi teemadele
sa ei või muuta oma postitusi selles foorumis
sa ei või kustutada oma postitusi selles foorumis
sa ei või vastata küsitlustele selles foorumis
sa ei saa lisada manuseid selles foorumis
sa võid manuseid alla laadida selles foorumis

Hinnavaatlus ei vastuta foorumis tehtud postituste eest.